The Not So Slim Fit
No More Loose Fit - This is 2018!
How To Make a Shirt Fit
Tucking in techniques
There is some great advice out there on how you can tuck your shirt in. Checkout GQs instructional video here.
- Get it right and you have yourself a more tapered look
- Takes a lot of practice.
- Works until you stand up or raise your arms up. Then all you are getting is a muffin top.
Using a Tailor
- A tailor will dart your shirt in at the waist to give you a perfect fit
- Costly, you have to not only pay for the shirt but pay for the tailoring services
- Time consuming – having to go to the tailor, get measured, wait for the alterations.
Trying a smaller size
- May give you a more fitted look around the chest and shoulders
- The shoulder seam will be tighter around the armpit, this will sacrifice comfort in the arms.
- It’s hard to find the sweet spot between fitted and tight. The last thing you want in your shirt is buttons bursting around the chest and stomach.